Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Finding articles, getting that full text...

When you're using Academic Search or one of our other sites, if the entire article or document is not right there to print out, a button appears that you can click on to see if the item is full text in some other resource we have etc. That button is getting a new, brighter, hopefully more eyecatching look, as shown here.

As always, if you have any questions about how to track down an item, is it online somewhere, or in the building, or does it have to be gotten through inter-library loan, don't be shy about asking us for help, either in person or via chat or email.


Anonymous said...

Could you please call them databases and not sites? That way students will know they are different than just another website.

Drake Memorial Library said...

OK JJ, but I am not always sure that the term "databases" really means anything to students, or means what you and I assume it means... Other readers have any thoughts on this?

Anonymous said...

I guess you are right; some students think of a database as an Access database. But, when we did the user studies for the web page, our student "testers" said we should call the databases, databases. When you look at the library web page, you will not find a link to "sites;" thus we need to make sure they know how to get to what we are talking about. Maybe use both words together?